At SCHI, we not only want you to be physically fit, but we also want you to be aware of health issues facing seniors and what you can do about them.
Listed below are just a few of the Health programs and seminars offered at SCHI. Check out our calendar page for a full list of programs and events. Click here for a link to our weekly activities.
- Health Fairs and Seminars
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Vision Testing
- Glaucoma Screening
- Reiki Sessions
- Hearing Testing
- Flu Shots
Upcoming Lunch & Learn Events:
- April 7th – Lunch & Bingo provided by Fed Ex Ground beginning at 11:15, with lots of cool prizes and swag!
- April 10th – Lunch & educational seminar provided by Vision Care Direct and Samantha Barnett (Sesler Nationwide) beginning at 11:30. Come and learn about your options
- April 17th – Lunch & safety seminar sponsored by Regions Bank
Previous Lunch & Learn Events:
- Griswold Home Care: Falls Prevention Evidence Based program
- CapTel Captured Telephone
- HPD Disaster Drill presentation (precursor to our actual Drill)
- Volunteer State Bank & HPD’s Lt. Scott Ryan on Senior Safety
- Heritage Law Group, Home Instead Senior Care & HPD’s Sgt. Greg Freudenthal on Safety and Hygene
It should be clearly noted that you must sign up IN ADVANCE of the Lunch & Learn in order to get a lunch. We must give a head count the week prior to the event. If you’d like to know more about the Lunch & Learn events or to sign up, contact the Center at 615-822-8758.